Aftercare advice for Eyelash Extensions.
- Don’t touch your eyelashes.
- Don’t get them wet for the first 24 hours.
- Don’t sleep on your stomach.
- Don’t use an eyelash curler.
- Don’t use oil-based makeup remover.
- Avoid sauna, steam or heat treatments, lashes may fall out of straighten.
- If you have to wear Mascara, wear a water based one & only on the tips of the eyelashes.
- Do comb the lashes out every morning, and do be really, really careful.
People who don’t follow the eyelash extension aftercare to a T will lose a lot of eyelashes, and might find their aesthetician’s hard work totally gone after a week. However, someone who is diligent and careful can keep her eyelash extensions looking gorgeous for over a month!
Lash Lift/Lash Tint, Henna Brows & Brow lamination aftercare advice.
- Avoid water for 48hrs following treatment.
- Avoid touching lashes/brows with fingertips, comb through with a disposable mascara want to lift & separate 3-4 times within the first 48hrs.
- Avoid eye makeup for 48hrs.
- Avoid direct sunlight, steam, sauna, sea & swimming pools for 48hrs.
- Avoid exfoliating, tanning & Anti-aging products on the area 3 days either side of treatment.
- Apply a conditioning lash treatment daily to nourish & hydrate lashes/brows.
- We recommend an eyelash/eyebrow tint 4wks later to enhance your treatment.
- Remember your results will be darker & more defined immediately after treatment, the makeup applied is not permanent & tint will fade
- depending of the frequency of cleansing.
- Avoid using any Retinol, Glycolic or Salicylic products on the skin for at least 3 days before & 3 days after your treatment.
Semi-permanent Makeup healing & aftercare
The key to excellent pigment retention and safe healing is simple, KEEP CLEAN, COOL & DRY
- Keep area away from water for 48 hours.
- To prevent infection do not touch pigmented areas.
- Avoid makeup on treated area for 2-4 days post procedure.
- No vigorous exercise for 4/5 days and no warm or wet environments (swimming pools etc.).
- No sun, sunbeds, soap, cleansers or makeup on procedure area, for 7 days or until crust has flaked away, (you may gently wipe with a cotton pad and cool boiled water, not salt or saline).
- No hot showers, saunas, Jacuzzi or swimming in chlorinated pools for 7-10 days, as these will affect the treated areas.
- Remember if crust appears on procedure area DO NOT pick or peel off! Pigment will be removed along with the crust!
- No Brow or lash tinting for at least 14 days.
- Avoid using any Retinol, Glycolic or Salicylic products on the skin for at least 1 week before & 1 week after your treatment.
- Apply a thin layer of tattoo goo to hydrate skin & encourage healing x 3 daily for two weeks.
If swelling occurs you may use ice on the area(s) for 10 minutes every hour. (Ice must be dry, ie, in a bag wrapped in a towel).
The Night before Your Tan
- Please shave or wax your legs the night before your tan.
- Moisturize really well before bed.
- Exfoliate THOROUGHLY as well. This will remove dead skin and provide a new, smooth surface for your tan. Exfoliating helps to promote even coverage and lengthens the duration of the tan.
- DO NOT USE DOVE PRODUCTS! Dove soap and Dove lotions leave a film on your skin that directly leads to a patchy tan.
The Day of Your Tan
- Remove make-up, moisturizer, perfume and deodorant before your application.
- It is recommended that you wear dark, loose fitting clothing. Solution washes out of most clothing very easily but tends to stain nylon and Lycra materials; therefore, dark coloured underwear is recommended.
- A woman’s tan can be directly affected by her hormones. Considering her cycle, it can cause blotchiness or the colour not to develop as dark as normally. It’s not common, but it happens.
- Oily skin types usually develop lighter and require an extra spray after 24-48 hours to get your base colour.
- Let your tan set for at least 7-8 hours (overnight if possible) before showering. Avoid taking a bath. This allows your tan to develop
- Avoid wearing socks or shoes after your tanning session in order to allow the tan to develop properly on your feet.
- Avoid applying moisturizers or deodorants for 48hrs.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing for at least 5 hours. This includes tighter-fitting jeans, bras, spandex, tight blouses and shoes/socks
- All swimming, hot showers and vigorous exercise must be avoided for at least 48 hours as sweating can inhibit the development of your tan.
- Do not shave for 48 hours after your treatment.
- Beware wearing long boots after tanning as these can make your tan patchy on your legs.
When you take a shower you will probably see some colour wash off. Don’t worry. This is quite normal as it is only the colour guide that the spray tan technician uses when the tan is applied. You will be left with a gorgeous tan.
WE HAVE FOUND THAT THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS WILL LIGHTEN OR MAKE TAN PATCHY
- Dove soap and Dove products.
- Hair thinning lotion or removing lotion.
- -aging products or AHA’s.
- Beta Hydroxy Acids-salicylic acid.
- Retin-A type products (Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, Tretinoin).
- Toners containing alcohols or witch hazel.
- Anti-acne products (Accutane, salicylic acid).
- Facial masks and scrubs.
- Pore cleansing facial strips.
- Depilatory products.
- Wax depilatories.
- Hot tubs, chlorine and salt water.
- Bleach products for body hair.
- Bug sprays – try to spray your clothes instead of you.
If you must have it on you, spray a “cloud” to go through.
Maintaining your Tan:
It is recommended you follow these general guidelines to maintain your tan:
- Moisturize regularly.
- Avoid long hot baths and showers as they exfoliate the skin.
- Pat your skin dry after a bath or shower. Rubbing your skin may rub off your tan.
- Avoid swimming pools and salt water, as these can reduce your tan.
- Try to always have a fresh new razor for shaving.
Aviary Beauty Wax Care:
- Personal hygiene rules! Please bathe and or freshen up before your Brazilian, bikini or body wax treatment.
- Skip the lotions and potions! Do not apply self-tanners, body sprays, deodorants and other topical creams before your appointment.
- Let it grow out! If you have been shaving, allow a minimum of 2-3 weeks or 1⁄4 inch of hair growth.
- Schedule your wax 2-3 days before beach and poolside jaunts if you plan to sun bathe.
- Avoid heat. No tanning beds, hot tubs and saunas before your appointment.
- Exfoliate! Exfoliating the area gently 48 hours before your appointment will remove the dead skin cells and allow for a cleaner wax. We have some great product recommendations in salon.
- Keep Calm. Come early and have a tea or coffee, read a magazine!
- Be comfy. Wear loose comfortable clothing to prevent irritation after waxing.
Everyone reacts differently to waxing. If this is your first time, it is important to take precaution.
- Heightened sensitivity may be experienced in the area waxed for the next 24-48 hours.
- Avoid heat. No tanning, sun bathing, hot tubs or saunas for 48 hours after your treatment. Since a layer of dead skin cells have been removed, sun and or heat exposure can burn the skin.
- No hot baths or exercising for 48 hours following your treatment.
- Apply a cold compress to sooth the skin if you experience sensitivity or irritation after your treatment. Pure Aloe Vera also reduces the redness and irritation following your treatment.
- Exfoliate daily 48 hours after your treatment. We recommend Folisan aftercare to help prevent ingrown hairs.
If your skin is sensitive, body waxing may result in minor breakouts. Waxing causes the temporary enlargement of the hair follicles that can allow bacteria residing on the skin, to enter the enlarged follicles and cause skin infections. If an infection is noted, it should be evaluated and treated by a doctor as soon as possible. That is why it is important to take proper care of your skin following a wax treatment.
At Aviary Beauty & Hair, all instruments are sanitized and we enforce a strict “no double dipping” policy, meaning that we never dip the same spatula in the wax pot once it has been used.
A patch test is required 48hrs before any waxing appointments, even if you have been waxed before in another salon (we all use different waxes) or if it’s been longer than 1yr since your last wax with us, this is all for your own health & safety which is paramount to us.
Aviary Beauty & Hair Facial Treatments Aftercare
- After treatment you may experience some tightening of the skin, which may last for several days.
- Light flaking may begin within 1-3 days and will usually subside within 7-10 days; however, it is impossible to predict this shedding process.
- Apply sunscreen protection (minimum SPF30) daily following treatment.
- Do not pick or peel at scabs, blisters or loose skin, as scarring may occur.
- Follow the prescribed post-care instructions.
- Avoid excessive heat sources (such as sun exposure or dry saunas and steam rooms).
- Avoid direct sun for 2-3 weeks.
- Do not wax or use any type of exfoliating products for 72 hours, or until your skin shows no signs of sensitivity on the treated area.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or any activity that could lead to increased blood circulation to the face for 24 hours following treatment.
This can cause an increased warming effect, which could result in discomfort, redness, inflammation, swelling or other side effects.
Aviary Haircare Pre-colour:
- Hair colourant can cause an allergic reaction.
- A skin allergy test must be carried out at least 48hrs prior to any colour service.
Aviary Haircare Post-colour:
- Correct homecare for specific hair types/concerns.
- Bonding and strengthening treatments are recommended on the day of your colouring service to maintain the strength and integrity of your hair.
Please be aware we require L’óreal root touch up spray to be shampooed out of hair before any colouring service.
Unamay: (12 week smoothening service)
- Skin test required 48hours before service.
- Please notify your stylist if you have any concerns or adverse reactions.
- Sulfate, paraben and silicon free products are recommended after smoothening service for longevity of smoothness (all available at Avairy beauty & hair).
- Please keep hair dry and free from moisture for at least 24hours after smoothening service.
Please follow the pre/post care instructions and notify your stylist if you have any concerns or adverse reactions. Your participation during and after your in-salon service will determine the longevity and integrity of your hair.